Getting Started Step 2: Your Microsoft One-Drive Account
Creating a Microsoft Account
To use any Microsoft services, you need to create a Microsoft account—an email address and password that you use to sign in to all Microsoft sites and services, including Outlook.com, Xbox Live, OneDrive, and Office 365. You can also use a Microsoft account to sign in to your Windows Phone and to PCs running Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.
You can use an email address you already have as your Microsoft account, or create a new Microsoft account at Outlook.com.
Sign up for a Microsoft Account
- Go to the Microsoft account sign-up webpage, and then press or click [Sign up now].
- Enter your first and last name
- To use an existing email address (including addresses from Outlook.com, Yahoo!, or Gmail); enter it in the User name box.
- To get a new email address, press or click [Or get a new email address].
- Fill out the rest of the form, and then press or click [Create account].
If you used an existing email address to sign up, you'll need to verify it to prove that it's yours.
For further assistance with this process, please visit the Microsoft Windows website.
Sign into OneDrive
OneDrive is free online storage that comes with your Microsoft account.
To sign in to your OneDrive, you must login to your Microsoft account in Outlook.com
- Go to http://outlook.com and enter your email address and password. If you want to get to your inbox without having to sign in each time, select [keep me signed in].
- Click [Sign in].
You will now have access to your OneDrive facility.
Signing out of OneDrive can be done three ways:
1. In your Microsoft and OneDrive Account:
- Click on your User Account Name
- Click on [Sign Out]
2. In your Cashflow Manager Program:
- Click on the [Invoice] tab
- Click Tools/Options/Mobile Device Connection
- Click on the [Log Out of OneDrive] button
- Click [Save]
3. In your Cashflow Manager Invoicing Application:
- Press the [MORE] button
- Press [Log Out of OneDrive]